Yes- you can be an Ironman!
Entry into the 2019 Ironman® World Championship in Hawaii is limited to approximately 2000 athletes from around the globe who must qualify through Ironman®-affiliated events held worldwide
Official qualifying events award Ironman World Championship slots to their top Age Group finishers.
Qualifying races are 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike, 26.2-mile run.
Thanks to WTC/ Ironman® World Championship, one fully-registered ISMC conference attendee will win a slot in the 2019 Ironman® World Championship. An opportunity that is exclusive to the Ironman Sports Medicine Conference.*
Participation Requires Careful Consideration
Participating in the 2019 Ironman® World Championship requires substantial physical, personal, professional and financial commitment. In fairness to all interested entrants, please do not enter your name in the slot drawing if you are unable or unwilling to make a serious investment of time, financial resources and energy required to successfully train and participate in the 2019 Ironman World Championship.
How to Enter in the Slot Drawing
- Only full conference registrants of the 2018 Ironman® Sports Medicine Conference registrants are eligible to enter the drawing. Single day registrants are not eligible.
- Each interested registrant may submit their name on Thursday, October 11, 2018 at the Royal Kona Resort no later than 3:30 PM. Entry cards will be distributed at the 3:00 p.m. break – but not before.
- You do not need to pre-register in advance for the drawing prior to Thursday October 11, 2018.
- No proxies will be accepted, you must be present to enter and/or win.
- Registration for the conference does not mean you are automatically entered in the drawing. It only means you are eligible. (See Eligibility Restrictions below for more information.)
- Past attendees of the Ironman Sports Medicine Conference may submit one entry card for each year they have attended the conference – up to a maximum of three entries. Entrants that misrepresent the number of conferences they have attended will be automatically disqualified.
- Three names will be drawn, and one winner and two alternates will be announced.